Gold and Silver in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertinElkCity

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on when you sell / trade them.

Good condition Peace dollars have collector value now and will retain that collector value as long as there is a market for collector coins.

SHTF then Peace dollars and rounds will be treated equally, the collector value will not apply.

The silver rounds will only ever be silver rounds.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Silver rounds will never be treated like coin silver or ASE’s, just like sterling unless it’s assayed who knows what’s it’s metal content. Chinese fakes abound the last 10 years.
heres a good estimate for the metal content which is a ripoff since silver dollars bring way more.

https://www.coinflation.com/
They’re a real markup on silver dollars currently. Since the mints restrikes of the 1921 peace dollars.

Never ask advice on a gun board for coins or investment advice, they’ ll bring over $25 easy. Post pictures and I can tell you more or better yet introduce yourself here and sell on the buy,sell,trade -BST, board. It’s free.

https://forums.collectors.com/categories/u-s-coin-forum

fake silver anyone?

https://forums.collectors.com/searc...uestion=1&comment_answer=1&within=1+day&date=

Last edited:

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm new to stacking silver and I have a question, if you could buy 10 silver rounds or 10 peace dollars for the same price, which is the better investment?
The peace dollars. The rounds will contain more silver, but the peace dollars also have some numismatic value. If you're finding peace dollars at the same price as rounds, I'd like to hear where.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
KPT what are you trying to collect or is it just investment/ barter? I might be able to help on about any series if you and your son want a hobby.

SNAKE PLISSKEN

"The name is Plissken"
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm stacking silver for a SHTF scenario, I'm wondering if the peace dollars would get more in trade than the silver rounds. But what if silver explodes to hundreds of dollars per oz, would the constitutional silver then be sold only for its silver content? How much silver is in a silver dollar?

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm stacking silver for a SHTF scenario, I'm wondering if the peace dollars would get more in trade than the silver rounds. But what if silver explodes to hundreds of dollars per oz, would the constitutional silver then be sold only for its silver content? How much silver is in a silver dollar?
Click the links provided by ttown. It depends on which silver dollar. Peace dollars weigh (when new) 26.73 grams. They're 90% silver. .90 X 26.73 = 24.057 grams of Ag. Multiply grams times 0.03215075 for Troy oz. (24.057 X .03215075 = .77345059275 Troy oz. per Peace Dollar). Constitutional (pre 1965 U.S. coinage) silver is one of the best ways to buy silver in terms of weight of silver obtained per price. Silver dollars are an exception, because they carry extra collectors value over and above dimes, quarters, and half-dollars. They typically cost more (or a LOT more) than 1Troy oz. rounds, even though they contain less silver.

SNAKE PLISSKEN

"The name is Plissken"
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I guess the consensus is to buy the peace dollars. I just hope they are not worn too much. Since I've started buying constitutional silver I've been trying to buy coins with the least amount of wear just in case I ever sell by weight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom