Goldman Sachs Forecasts 18.2% Return on Commodities in 12 Months

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's going to get bumpy, although I don't know how much faith I have in Goldman. You guys better bunker down and get ready for some serious inflation.

Goldman Sachs Group Inc. forecasts an 18.2 percent return on commodities in the next 12 months, with energy and industrial metals leading the way.
The Standard & Poor's GSCI Enhanced Commodity Index gain of 18.2 percent will compare with 26.5 percent in energy, 10 percent in industrial metals and 6 percent in precious metals, Jeffrey Currie, an analyst at Goldman Sachs, said in a report dated Sept. 21. Agriculture will be down 5 percent over the same period and livestock up 4.5 percent, according to the report. The Federal Reserve's third round of quantitative easing will help boost copper in the 2013 first half, he said.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/goldm...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's probably true...... can't put your money into the dollar. Dunno about Ag being down but they are the experts. :D

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ive been reading alot of interweb stuff about what happened before the last depression. The talk is eerily similar, buy gold or silver, invest in land, invest in commodities.

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been reading alot of interweb stuff about what happened before the last depression. The talk is eerily similar, buy gold or silver, invest in land, invest in commodities.

You can look at the mid to late 1970s too. Gasoline through the roof with a manufactured limited supply and rationing. Also do you remember the mortgage rates near 20% during the same time? I don't know the best thing to get into, but I do know its not holding cash. Any liquid hard asset that can be moved to cash if needed would be better than holding it in your pocket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom