Gonna be scarce for a while...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think 'derping' should be an official verb in the Oxford. Jus' sayin'. @NightShade absolutely nailed it with that one. I'm a 'derper' if there ever was one. Thanks, man.

Hurry back, man, and good luck. I know it's a tough spot to be in, taking care of someone... you have my prayers. Good luck.

Hang in there.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, we need all the prayers and good thoughts we can get. :thumb:

The toilet project has turned into a nightmare. Not because of problems, but because my thinking I was close to 100% has turned out to be more like 10%. If that. It's no wonder the flu kills so many folks.

Also... Sweetie's sleep meds no longer have any effect. It's almost 2pm, and she's still awake since yesterday. And if she's awake, she's talking to imaginary folks and animals. Loudly. Which kinda hampers me getting much sleep at night.

Anywho... I got the tank & toilet removed the first day (Tuesday). The only real glitch was that I had to take the cutoff-valve apart and clean/lube it a bit so it would shut off.

But then I simply ran out of steam. I mean "can barely stand - someone please hold me up" out of steam.

And I still had to get Sweetie up and feed her. Fortunately, we have a half-bath that we'd been using for storage, so after clearing it out, we at least have a place to "go."

By all means, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Mac :drunk2:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. :D

Well... I'm still alive.

Today is the first day I've felt like attempting to work on the toilet project again, and I can only work about 10-15 minutes out of an hour. The day to day stuff has kept me busy and wore out. Still trying to get the floor cleaned up, but it's almost done.

Dunno whether the flu might have further damaged the old ticker, or if (hopefully) I'm just weak from sitting around so much trying to recover from it. Either way, I don't have much in the tank (Ha! I'll take the toilet pun).

@Mack45 mentioned the new silicon seals. I actually ordered one of those, but wasn't impressed with the sponge/foam part that keeps tension on the seal. It does have a 10-yr warranty, but it's been over 20 years since I had this toilet off the floor with a regular wax ring. However, I am going to put silicone caulk on the outside perimeter as well. 'Cause in another 20 yrs I'll be 82... :D

Anywho... please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Mac :drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom