Gonna Make An Example Out This Marine Battalion Commander

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Wow....I have a new HERO.....people like this brave soldier have made this country great...it's too bad that it's all being thrown away....AND FOR WHAT REASON...??? Soldiers like this are what have kept this county free for the last few centuries.....I pray men like this can gain back control of the military ranks of the USA...if they don't I fear we are lost.....

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think..I think that he will command a desk for the next two years and retire as his current pay grade-he has reached his potential based on the brass. But he said he would give it all up for his country, something the brass wont do... He has more courage than al; the Generals in Washington DC combined!

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think..I think that he will command a desk for the next two years and retire as his current pay grade-he has reached his potential based on the brass. But he said he would give it all up for his country, something the brass wont do... He has more courage than al; the Generals in Washington DC combined!
Your right on target John6185

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The state department said they had to be vetted through them and were possibly human trafficking victims. What a load of Sheiite! With our southern border open and they do this sh1t!
How do we really know they are Christians? Take their word for it without vetting and let them in in droves. At least with the southern border it’s a more likely suggestion they are catholic. Haha.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Your right on target John6185

He has already been relieved of duty a/o 2:30 Friday afternoon by his own account.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/28/marin...o-of-him-ripping-military-leaders-goes-viral/

Last edited:

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Historically speaking... sometimes ya can hear the Cavalry coming if you listen close enough.

6EEF2F7D-FEE4-4DFB-A388-95AEF5761DBB.jpg
I hear it even without my hearing aids.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He has already been relieved of duty a/o 2:30 Friday afternoon by his own account.

He was relieved of his battalion command. He remains in the USMC until such time as he separates, either by his action or theirs. I expect he will be offered an opportunity to leave quickly with an honorable discharge or they'll decide to make an example of him by some action under the UCMJ if he doesn't take the first choice. It will be interesting to watch how this plays out, given how strongly he stated his position. I could see him making them go the UCMJ route.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He was relieved of his battalion command. He remains in the USMC until such time as he separates, either by his action or theirs. I expect he will be offered an opportunity to leave quickly with an honorable discharge or they'll decide to make an example of him by some action under the UCMJ if he doesn't take the first choice. It will be interesting to watch how this plays out, given how strongly he stated his position. I could see him making them go the UCMJ route.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/28/marin...o-of-him-ripping-military-leaders-goes-viral/

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Semantics in a headline...imagine that - his duty was that of battalion commander and he was relieved for cause of that duty/position, as stated in the article. He was not shown the gate as they cut the buttons off his uniform and broke his sword, a la Chuck Connors in "Branded". He remains a Marine LTC, albeit in an unassigned status while the situation plays out at higher HQ.

You're putting an awful lot of stock in words used very imprecisely by a reporter and editor who went on to produce the brilliant term "enlisted officer" later in the article.

Latest posts

Top Bottom