Good after best buy dates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife hates that I think those dates are "suggestions".
My now ex-wife used to think I was crazy for using milk on the expiration date. If it was past it was definitely bad. Somehow on midnight of that date it magically goes bad. :rollingla

What I don't understand is how milk can be so dang variable. I've quit buying milk from anywhere but Braums because Braums lasts several days past. The last couple of times I bought milk at WalFart it was soured before the date. Also whole milk lasts a little longer than 2% & 1%. Half and Half lasts a couple of months!

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My now ex-wife used to think I was crazy for using milk on the expiration date. If it was past it was definitely bad. Somehow on midnight of that date it magically goes bad. :rollingla

What I don't understand is how milk can be so dang variable. I've quit buying milk from anywhere but Braums because Braums lasts several days past. The last couple of times I bought milk at WalFart it was soured before the date. Also whole milk lasts a little longer than 2% & 1%. Half and Half lasts a couple of months!
I know some store brands of milk start to go bad (by smell and taste) a few days before the expiration date.
Braum's whole milk used to taste like it had more sugar in it than the cheap store brands.
I will have to try that A2 milk and see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom