Good article on re-holstering your gun after a defensive gun use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get a good number of emails every day from various organizations, including USA Carry. I ignore most of them but this headline caught my eye: "Concealment is a Verb: Re-holster Immediately Following Violence." I read the article (OK, I read part of it and skimmed the rest) and it gives you some food for thought. The link for the article is:
https://www.usacarry.com/re-holster-immediately-following-violence/

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the article:
"If police officers respond you must listen to their commands carefully and do as you are told. If asked where the gun is declare that you are a good guy and a concealed carrier. Keep your hands over your heads, and do not, under any circumstances, reach for your holstered gun. If they tell you to put the gun on the ground, do not touch the gun or reach for it, no matter what they say. Keep your hands high and tell the officers they will need to remove the gun themselves. A tense situation in which you reach towards your waistline can get you shot very quickly."

Have to disagree with this. If an officer tells me to drop the weapon on the ground, I hope I would be composed enough at the time to do it.

Any thoughts on this?

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the article:
"If police officers respond you must listen to their commands carefully and do as you are told. If asked where the gun is declare that you are a good guy and a concealed carrier. Keep your hands over your heads, and do not, under any circumstances, reach for your holstered gun. If they tell you to put the gun on the ground, do not touch the gun or reach for it, no matter what they say. Keep your hands high and tell the officers they will need to remove the gun themselves. A tense situation in which you reach towards your waistline can get you shot very quickly."

Have to disagree with this. If an officer tells me to drop the weapon on the ground, I hope I would be composed enough at the time to do it.

Any thoughts on this?

I would tell the officer I am uncomfortable reaching for my weapon in this situation, and ask for their direction on how to proceed. Make it exceptionally clear that they are in control of the situation.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the article:

Any thoughts on this?
If an officer wants you to touch your holstered gun with your hands on top of your head you are in big DooDoo.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would tell the officer I am uncomfortable reaching for my weapon in this situation, and ask for their direction on how to proceed. Make it exceptionally clear that they are in control of the situation.
If your threat is gone DO NOT MOVE!!!!!!!! If your threat is ongoing and harmful to you move towards officer in most NON threatening manner (possibly backwards) with hands on head.

Latest posts

Top Bottom