Good associate degree recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aviation degree at Metro Tech. My son did this and got his A&P certificate. Got Tinker AFB job after graduating, then later on got Bachelors degree.

There's no way I'd advise anyone to do this now. That degree is good, but this field has more folks on unemployment than you can shake a stick at right now.

Nursing/medical is the place to be for job security. If one is thinking about RN, doing the BSN is the way to go. More money, and a lot of places hire RNs for some floors, BSN for others. Additional specialties will add to that paycheck.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks all for the input so far! Lots of info, and kinda hoping I don't have to worry about it, I doubt the years of oilfield and military experience has left me much in the way of interpersonal skills to be a hands on nursing type LOL

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks all for the input so far! Lots of info, and kinda hoping I don't have to worry about it, I doubt the years of oilfield and military experience has left me much in the way of interpersonal skills to be a hands on nursing type LOL
Dude, after seeing what nurses go through first hand...no way! I'm not the type that can clean up someone's "personal" problems. God bless 'em , though.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude, after seeing what nurses go through first hand...no way! I'm not the type that can clean up someone's "personal" problems. God bless 'em , though.
Me either however, my sister is a traveling nurse in Labor and Delivery and she loves it. If Clint doesnt mind seeing that many dilatated vaginas in a day, it pays good LOL

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
8376.jpg
The Top 10 Most Future-Proof College Degrees

There's all kinds of sites that predict the best degrees/

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get a degree to be an undertaker. Between the next virus, Biden trying to take the guns ,and opening our borders to everyone, there should be plenty of work.
There certainly is a lot of work and if a mistake is made on the job, who is going to complain? I had a friend who worked in a mortuary and took his girlfriend to show her where he worked. He went into a room and got into a coffin and then called her in the room and jumped up from the casket scared the whey out of her. They broke up shortly afterward...

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would consider a trade. Can't outsource an HVAC tech to a guy sitting in India. Also healthcare field in little small towns doesn't pay anything like larger towns is my understanding. Personally I would say networking and making connections is worth more than anything. Degrees have lost value unless you have a masters due to all the online junk degrees folks can buy with little effort. Used to be a degree at least showed a person has a basic ability to learn and meet attendance. Now everything has changed. The fact everyone has one devalues them. Consider the amount of effort, time and return even though you aren't paying for it out of pocket.

Two choices in life. Find something you love to do and enjoy it. Learn to live on whatever you make. Or make stupid money because life is a sh#t sandwich and the more bread you have the less sh#t you taste.

Latest posts

Top Bottom