Good Customer Service Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gritch a lot about bad customer service as we all do but I wanted to create a positive thread.

Here is my first. A special shout out to Heath Outdoor Products, Coopersville MI

I recently purchased a beat up, bent up aluminum Purple Martin house at a garage sale and finally had time to fix it. I found a couple of poles buried in the back yard that used to be a carport and fixed up this bird house for our back yard. I discovered I didn't have all of the front removable doors, 11 out of 12, and emailed Heath.
After a few days I checked my inbox and junk folders and then called them. I talked to a very nice lady who didn't remember my email and put me on hold a minute to look. I asked about the cost and she asked was it missing in shipping? I said no, my email said I bought it second hand and needed a price. She said, "Oh yeah, I remember it now." You are Snattlerake aren't you? We shipped that door to you yesterday.

I got the door today. It is a thinner metal and cheaper built but it fits and will work.

purple martin house1.jpg
purple martin 2.jpg

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rather sad that no one else has chimed in. As a rule, I’ve received good service from firearm and sporting equipment manufacturers. The following stand out in my mind:

Dillon Precision
Hornady
Warne
Leupold
Ruger
RCBS
Lee
Nosler
Granted, many of these experiences were some time ago during normal demand periods. It definitely seems as though customer service has gone down the tubes lately.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually have one for this, which is shocking in todays state of "service."

A couple weeks ago I was looking on FoodSaver's website trying to find troubleshooting tips for my vacuum sealer that my mom had given to me a few years ago. It was no longer switching to seal once it pulled a vacuum. I couldn't really find any info that was helpful on their website, so I clicked on their "Chat Live" button and actually got a person. She walked me through 5 or 6 different troubleshooting things, all of which failed. She asked where I bought it and how long ago and I told her that I got it for Christmas a few years back. She had me send her a pic of the serial number and verified that it was manufactured 6 years ago, just outside their 5 year warranty period.

I was expecting a hearty "Thank you for being a customer, would you like to buy a new one?" but instead she told me that she was going to send me the new version of what I had and asked for my address. I told her thank you many times and we ended the chat. I was expecting it'd be a month or more before it arrived, what with it being free and all. However, I received it 2 days later. Nice and shiny.

I'll definitely continue being a customer of theirs.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually have one for this, which is shocking in todays state of "service."

A couple weeks ago I was looking on FoodSaver's website trying to find troubleshooting tips for my vacuum sealer that my mom had given to me a few years ago. It was no longer switching to seal once it pulled a vacuum. I couldn't really find any info that was helpful on their website, so I clicked on their "Chat Live" button and actually got a person. She walked me through 5 or 6 different troubleshooting things, all of which failed. She asked where I bought it and how long ago and I told her that I got it for Christmas a few years back. She had me send her a pic of the serial number and verified that it was manufactured 6 years ago, just outside their 5 year warranty period.

I was expecting a hearty "Thank you for being a customer, would you like to buy a new one?" but instead she told me that she was going to send me the new version of what I had and asked for my address. I told her thank you many times and we ended the chat. I was expecting it'd be a month or more before it arrived, what with it being free and all. However, I received it 2 days later. Nice and shiny.

I'll definitely continue being a customer of theirs.
Did she issue an RMA# too?

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Liberty Mutual Insurance.
Their service after the 2011 Piedmont tornado was just wonderful, can't say enough good about it. We heard horror stories of others in the area fighting with other ins companies.

And my wife was in an accident 10 days ago and her car was totalled (she wasn't injured) and Liberty Mutual has already given us a number for the value of the car and we should have to whole thing wrapped up this week.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had good warranty in the last 6 months from;
Hornady,
RCBS,
Redding.

Started off bad with Hornady but they've taken care of my last 5 or so reloading/bullet problems.

Couple years ago we had a FNX9 jump some of the firing control parts/springs when we had a slide off.
DO NOT PULL THE TRIGGER WITH SLIDE OFF FRAME.
FN RMA'd it and fixed and returned shipping for ZERO costs to us even though it was our fault.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a couple good ones recently.

Emailed Lothar Walther some questions about a barrel I purchased, they have always been quick to respond, and even if the answer was "we do not know, that isn't a question we have come across". They also had a barrel to me within 4 days of ordering it.

CZUSA is always good to me, aside from recently, when I ordered some magazines, and apparently they were on backorder. But their customer service is good and I always have a person on the other end of the email.

Altmont emailed me a day after ordering some new grips for my N frame and Victory. They informed me that there is an extensive wait time of 6-9 weeks minimum due to them making them to order, and that I am free to cancel if desired. I informed them that I still want them and to go ahead. I think that was roughly 4 weeks ago. 2 days ago I receive an email saying they have been shipped!

Bell and Carlson was eager to help when I had fitment issues with one of their stocks. I figured it out before they could get me any solid info, but email responses were quick and helpful.

In spite of the constant rush, non-stop phone ringing, and angry customers, Gene Sears has been pretty great with me. I haven't been to their store much in the past, but I am becoming a fan.

Anarchy outdoors sent me a part, and threw in some stickers and candy. I don't know what the think of the candy, but it was an interesting gesture.

I recently ordered an surplus AK canvas drop bag from a seller on Amazon. it was supposed to take 4-6 weeks to get here, was here in 2. They included a postcard that said "hello from Ukraine". I thought that was a nice touch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom