Good deal on a LPVO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.amazon.com/BLACKHOUND-I...enesis&qid=1682346856&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-3
I put one of these in my list when they were at $354 or so. When they dropped to $322 I went ahead and ordered one and also ordered the Sig 1x6 at $309 to compare it with. I ended up keeping the Sig. Here are the pros and cons of the Blackhound. The glass was clearer than the Sig with better color correction and brighter. One thing I don't like with a lot of FFP scopes at 1x is the reticle become very difficult to see. The BH has a nice large crosshair, but because of that, at 8x the reticle gets pretty big. The scope is built like a tank with much better turret adjustments than the Sig. The illuminated reticle is daylight visible easily, but here is the first real negative. They do not have a low enough setting for night use. Even on level 1 the reticle is too bright. There is a noticable red glare across the entire FOV. If you want to use this at night, you will need a good light on your rifle to overcome it otherwise you won't see much at night unless there is a full moon or ambient light. The scope is HEAVY. But that's what you get with a 34mm tube and larger glass so don't put it on the rifle you plan to walk around a lot with unless you are a healthy lad.

So after all this, I kept the Sig and returned the Blackhound. I went back and forth for nearly a month which one to keep. Now for the plot twist. Over the weekend Amazon dropped the price down to $257. It is just too good a price for a scope of this quality so I reordered one and put it on a rifle I don't plan to use at night. If you are in the market for a LPVO, this is a deal. If you end up not liking it, you've got 30 days to send it back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom