Good food recommendations around Muskogee, Webbers Falls, Stigler.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taking a short road trip on Friday to Kinta/Stigler area. Leaving from Broken Arrow.

We're always on the lookout for great places to eat, but haven't been in this area for a very long time.

Recommendations for a great place to have lunch are appreciated. We won't mind deviating a little.

Thanks

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not know if I would call anyplace Great anymore. But before Covid hit I ate at Gambino's Pizza
in Gore OK. a few times and it was pretty good and clean.

When I did not catch fish on the river bank and was tired of ice chest wet cheese and bologna that is where I would go.

Henryetta's Pig Out Palace was great a decade and 2 ago but closed down a few times and never the same.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Road trip to Kinta? THere's like 3.5 people and a feed store in Kinta. Gotta ask, why Kinta?
Genealogy road trip to a cemetery near there where some of my family are buried. My brother does a lot of the family history research and discovered that our great grandparents are buried there. They probably went there to live with my grandmother's 2 brothers and a sister that never married and ran a ranch together near Kinta. The great grands passed before WWII.

I loved to go visit there when I was a boy. No running water or indoor plumbing in their tiny house with a tin roof. Fishing, hunting, and a large ranch to explore. They were a little eccentric. They died wealthy but didn't spend thier money and lived like they were dirt poor. Other than a few trips to Stigler, I haven't been to Kinta in nearly 50 years. Not much chance we'll remember how to get to the ranch but the cemetery is on the map.

Thanks for asking.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Shelly's Cafe in Stigler was good but it's been a couple of years since I was there. Pretty large menu for a small town cafe.

mmerrill

It makes sense if you don't think about it.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on where you're going south from I40 I'd definitely recommend the Rustic Cantina in Vian, it's a fairly new place. I've never left hungry or disappointed.

Attachments

• RC.png
    RC.png
    220 KB · Views: 0

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know how close you'll get to Braggs, but a burger and onion rings from Donna's Malt Shop is always a good choice.
She sold Donna’s last year. Now it is just called the Malt Shop. The new owners cleaned it up and painted it quite a bit. Still pretty good food. Just new face and quite a bit cleaner.

The Rail Fence Cafe on Hwy 100 North of gore is about the best food we have found around there. It is BBQ. It’s past the Lower Illinois public fishing area and before your get to the power house. Pretty close to the Rock Quarry entrance.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Rai...2oFHcE0AVsQ_coHegQIFhAB&biw=390&bih=745&dpr=3

Latest posts

Top Bottom