Good girl who needs a loving home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A buddy's parents are country folk out in Luther and have about 1yr old Great Pyrenees mix dog named Gracie. Gracie's mom was a pregnant stray that showed up on their farm and they eventually took her in and found homes through a rescue at the time for the mom and all the pups except they decided to keep one of the pups. They are older and already had 5 dogs including another stray they took in. Gracie has just turned out to be more than they can handle and they feel like she needs a new loving home where either she can get the training she needs to make a good pet OR someone with an acreage that needs a good farm dog.

Here are some more details:

- deep bark if you approach the house, so she would be a good watch dog
- never been to vet or had any shots or heart worm meds, trimmed nails, etc so she needs maintenance, and someone who will take care of her right
- jumps on people just because she is so excited to see someone and is lonely living by herself outside
- chews her dog house and digs out sometimes just from needing someone or other dogs to live/play with her
- not spayed
- not house broken
- larger than pics show, I'm guessing 80-90lbs, but just guessing
- I would keep her in a NY minute based on my time with her but not legal for me to have anymore dogs where I'm at
- needs either a lot of space or a very patent owner willing to train her knowing she has lived outside so far for her whole life
- gets long with the other dogs that live there but they sometimes start stuff with her
- Buddy has a 6yo daughter and also some grandkids and Gracie hasn't been aggressive to any of the kids

PM if interested and please describe what her situation would be and why you want her.

Thanks!

dog5.jpg
dog2.jpg

dog4.jpg
dog3.jpg

dog.jpg
dog1.jpg

Last edited:

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She looks like a happy sweet country girl. I have a male Great Pyranese/Anatolia Shepherd mix that was very rambunctious when he first showed up. He has calmed down a lot, but now he thinks that he’s a lap dog. They are great dogs, and I hope that you find a great home for her. She deserves it! My wife would disown me if I told her that we were going to adopt another dog. Good luck!!!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gracie is such a good name... It's the one I have picked out when I eventually do get a dog
This is your day! You don't know what tomorrow may hold so go get this dog/person . She'll never talk about you nor let anyone near your stuff!

Latest posts

Top Bottom