Good looking weather forecast!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just checked the sidewalk temp.

1CC2C60F-38CD-4A9D-ACF1-0735484759FA.jpeg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m thinking even with any size able amount of rain our pasture situation is beyond help. Got a guy coming today to look at buying my calves, the ones I’d be selling in October after weaning.

It’s so bad we’ll probably have to sell off half our momma cows just to have pasture for the half that’ll be left.

Driving around down here in north Texas, we keep seeing lots of round bales. Some of them are from previous years.

We've also seen some cattle and a few horses out "on pasture" that is actually a plowed field. The only green out there is some weeds and whatever is growing along the fence rows.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Havent seen any measureable rain in around 2 months and everything is brown even some trees are starting to shed their leaves, i have some yards that havent mowed in over a month what few little sprinkles we have had just made it worse.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Havent seen any measureable rain in around 2 months and everything is brown even some trees are starting to shed their leaves, i have some yards that havent mowed in over a month what few little sprinkles we have had just made it worse.

Yeah, was first week of June last time there was anything in my rain gauge.

It’s been a long 9-10 weeks. We’ll need some substantial rainfall to rescue this.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly, I haven’t watched much weather until I heard about the coming front. Jed Castles just said 83 for tomorrow and both out of the80’s through next Tuesday. I’ll take that.
Oops, take that back. He said mid 90’s Friday and Saturday then back to the 80’s

Latest posts

Top Bottom