good luck to all the smoke poles this morning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
me and boy did'nt go this morning we are waiting on a north wind.he went and shot the savage ml and something is very wrong. did'nt hit a target that was 4' x 3' at 50 yrds.the boy can shoot i knew it was'nt him,told him to aim at top of target and see if it hits target no such luck.told him aim at bottom of target see if it would hit the target no such luck.we over to a dirt bank that was about 20' tall put a can on it and told him shoot so i could see where bullet was hitting, low and behold he hit only 2" high I thought what the heck,moved back to target he shot and hit 6" right had him shoot two more times and they went almost the same hole as first shoot.I was asking my brain why is hitting the target now but not before(maybe loose scope??,I have never had one before) so i shook the gun pretty hard slap the scope a couple times and had him shoot it again still hitting 6" right.using same powder and loads as last year.It would shoot 1" groups at 100 yds.check all bolts are tight on scope.Thinking bad scope it's a nikon prostaff which we have had very good luck with this scope.I just don't know,just goes to show you should always shot your gun before going out

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's that magical 1/2 hour. This is why I hunt.

Just got GC tucked in and now I'm sitting on the patio, watching the squirrels play in the neighbor's oak tree. Can hear the dove in the other neighbor's back yard ... he's got a sand pit down for them ... Ducks are quaking away and the feral cat is laying under "his" brush watching me watch the show ...

Man, I can hardly wait to get out of town for good!

Latest posts

Top Bottom