Good Luck!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been slow for me as well. I saw one little buck this morning.
So, I've got an itch to scratch.

IMG_1475.JPG

ahlosojoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really foggy this morning and dead calm. First time in the stand I didn’t see a single deer this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very funny day for me too. Fog until about 9:00 AM and then heavy muggy air til about noon. No deer moving. Saw one little spike with one horn broken off. Evidently he wasn't having a great day either.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've hunted the same spot near Wewoka for 3 years now and have never seen a single buck until the other day with my 8 year old son, we saw a little buck. Then this morning at first light I saw a solo silhouette in the distance but couldn't make out what it was. My basic Simmons scope I have on my CVA Wolf wouldn't give me much definition but generally when I saw does there were more than just one. It appeared to be moving my direction so after losing sight I wait patiently where he should have came out. Luckily he did, I could tell it was a buck but still couldn't see him as clear as I'd like. It didn't matter, I had him stopped quartering towards me and looking my way at about 100 yards. I let go with the muzzleloader and saw him jump and run, then it looked like he went down but I couldn't tell for sure. I exited the blind and slowly walked that way. As I got close I saw him jump up and trot off, I could hear him wheezing so I waited a bit and then went in search of a blood trail or him. I was about 20 yards from the neighbors fence and was thinking, no no no. If he'd jumped the fence and made it over to their land I wasn't about to go searching in unfamiliar territory, especially with the chance of someone taking a shot at me. I walked down the fence line starting to feel that sense of despair. Then, just as I came up on a pond there he was, about 5 yards from the fence line. Then I could see his size and rack and, oh my relief. I guess that goes to show you that this time of the year you never know what's going to wonder into your area.

Any way to tell how old this guy is? I counted 11 points.

Attachments

• 20171104_075908.jpg
    20171104_075908.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 20171105_075025.jpg
    20171105_075025.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 137

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've hunted the same spot near Wewoka for 3 years now and have never seen a single buck until the other day with my 8 year old son, we saw a little buck. Then this morning at first light I saw a solo silhouette in the distance but couldn't make out what it was. My basic Simmons scope I have on my CVA Wolf wouldn't give me much definition but generally when I saw does there were more than just one. It appeared to be moving my direction so after losing sight I wait patiently where he should have came out. Luckily he did, I could tell it was a buck but still couldn't see him as clear as I'd like. It didn't matter, I had him stopped quartering towards me and looking my way at about 100 yards. I let go with the muzzleloader and saw him jump and run, then it looked like he went down but I couldn't tell for sure. I exited the blind and slowly walked that way. As I got close I saw him jump up and trot off, I could hear him wheezing so I waited a bit and then went in search of a blood trail or him. I was about 20 yards from the neighbors fence and was thinking, no no no. If he'd jumped the fence and made it over to their land I wasn't about to go searching in unfamiliar territory, especially with the chance of someone taking a shot at me. I walked down the fence line starting to feel that sense of despair. Then, just as I came up on a pond there he was, about 5 yards from the fence line. Then I could see his size and rack and, oh my relief. I guess that goes to show you that this time of the year you never know what's going to wonder into your area.

Any way to tell how old this guy is? I counted 11 points.
Antlers seem fairly mature, but his body seems really small. I'm not going to venture a guess because I'm not knowledgeable enough to do that, but I'm leaning towards middle aged

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Antlers seem fairly mature, but his body seems really small. I'm not going to venture a guess because I'm not knowledgeable enough to do that, but I'm leaning towards middle aged

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
His body didn't seem small when I was pulling it into the truck. He appears smaller in the pic than he did in real life, to me anyway.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom