Good Luck!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on the public area, some only allow archery, while others allow other hunting options. If it's not an archery only area, he could legally carry a rifle for squirrels, rabbits, etc. since he didn't have his bow with him. When he has both in his possession outside of rifle season, that's illegal. Public land is brutal.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Archery and shotgun only area. I didn't want to call at the time for fear he may hear me, and go crazy, and even further disturb my hunting this morning. Next time, I'll attempt a text.
I would alert the warden now, and see what he wants you to do. Odds are he will come back to the area, and the warden may have a specific plan of how to handle it that you can help/hurt unintentionally

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got to hunt this weekend out near Lake Thunderbird on land owned by a guy I went to school with. Nice property and definitely has potential. I only saw a small doe this weekend, but I'm planning on hunting out there next weekend and as much as I can for the rest of the year. What's really nice (for me) is that they already have all the stand set up. I just have to walk out there and climb. [emoji16]

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I hunted in the woods on the backside of a pond. Camera showed little bucks every morning, but of course nothing showed while I was there. The tree is angled, so it was killing my back. I got down at 1030 and did some scouting and checked other cameras. My feeder was getting hit by two young does and a mature doe. I've been hunting a lot this last week and even though it's close to the rut, I was going to try to take one.

I got in my blind at 1pm and set off the feeder. At 330 a young doe showed up. At 3:45 I drug her behind my blind add climbed back in. At 425 another young doe appeared, but I was holding out for something mature at this point. 430 my feeder went off and she turned inside out, falling over as she took off.

At 445 a mature doe crept in. The immature doe popped out at 80 yards and started to come in. I shot the mature doe before the other added a set of eyes to deal with. She made it 60 yards and fell over.

What I night, quartering up 2 deer. Not sure I'll double up again any time soon. Lol

8750b933c5ab40bda76f2b412c919b47.jpg

Exit hole seen here.
a4fb14233726370f813e1b66ba9ff9ca.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom