Good old movie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a lot of good stuff on YouTube these days. Especially tv shows not on dvd like The Outcasts and Lonesome Dove The Outlaw Years, which you can find but it’s pricey.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
This movie was set back in the 1930's during the great depression. People in my generation likel.y can't imagine the fear, and desperation, these poor people felt during this time. Both my parents were children during this time, and both lost a parent in the middle of this awful time. My father found himself the bread winner at age 15 with a mother and 5 siblings to support! He described this situation as, we had nothing, and no way to get anything! My mother at age 6 had a younger brother to take care of after her father remarried , and the step mother didn't want them around, they were just used as farm, labor by relitives,The vast majority of people that grew up during this hard time, became very resourceful adults, able to think on their feet, afraid of nothing, symptic to the needs of others, and willing to help., totally responsable adults at a young age! It strikes me that these people were EXACTLY the type person needed to face the chalange they lay ahead for them! WW2! to me that is totally AMAZING!

Latest posts

Top Bottom