Good people still exist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I also pick up the meal tickets of military, police, firefighter, and paramedic personnel when we have the chance. Once when traveling out of town, we picked up the checks of about 5 or 6 firefighters. We also do this anonymously. However, the wife goofed up then and walked up to one of them as we were leaving and thanked him for his service.

He replied, "So!!! It was you!!"

Wife's not too bright at times.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I pay for meals too. I make it a point to always give a perfect hand salute to all veterans I meet. If at all possible I usually snap to attention first. I met a Viet Nam Vet in the doctor's office the other day. He was in a medical unit in Saigon. Another one was their and told us he was Air Cav as a gunner on a Loach. He said he was in the Snoopy Scouts and they had Snoopy on their Loaches.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How can you eat almost 20.00 worth of food at Taco Bueno? That’s like 15 burritos.

Because it wasn't all for me, girlfriend wanted lunch too. And, actually that's pretty easy to do. Two big tacos, two chicken potato burritos and two beef burritos. That is all i got.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really easy to run up a $20 bill at even the "cheap" fast food places these days.

I agree, we should try to do nice things for folks in public places. Preferably anonymously. I try to do things like that on occasion, especially when my son is with me and watching. I want him to see this and emulate it in his life. Suffice it to say I've been in many of these situations in the past, but I really wish I had more opportunities. I've been incredibly blessed in my life, and I need to look more closely for ways to give back and help others. Hopefully I will continue to do so.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard that Starbucks is big on promoting this. Also heard of people being pissed when someone bought their $5 drink and ended up buying $25 for the guy behind them.

I agree with the Dr. most of us are blessed beyond words. So to show some gratitude to someone in uniform or to even help someone in need. IE short on funds at grocery store or a pregnant mom pushing a couple kids in the basket. If you can brighten someones day. $20 gift changed AKguy's day. That person dosen't know when they did that it set off this whole thread or could possibly cause someone else to think about blessing someone else today or tomorrow. Good stuff OP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom