Good Precision Rifle Basic Class

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm interested in taking a basic level precision rifle class. I was considering Badlands, but a member here said that I should save my money because they couldn't teach me anything. So I guess that place is out. Are there any other classes like this offered in the state?

To clarify, I have no doubt that Badlands is a great course and I know I would learn a lot, but as said above, I (me personally) wouldn't be able to learn there or they couldn't teach me anything.

Rkez

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be interested in a class also and I dought if we are the only two. If there is not one locally, why couldn't we get some other students, pool some money, and hire a local shooter for a one day course. By reading the posts on this forum, there appears to be some very knowledgable precision shooters here. I don't know, it's just an idea.

MadDawg

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dust-
Thats not what I said. I said I doubt they could teach an engineer that thinks like you anything. BIG difference.

Those who go with an open mind and can set their 'calculations' aside will find no better training and the price is unbeatable.

Now that our private conversation has been drug in here and so distorted I believe my intitial assement is correct. Last thing Badlands needs is a tempermental putz of a student.

Men and women who serve the nation train at Badlands. Serious civilians who want to learn from the best train there. Slots are limited, classes fill up, no time for prima donna interweb experts.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. I have been to Badlands and Sheriff Bobby is the man. Not sure what is meant by that shot at DG being a civilian and his occupation has to do with anything.

DG contact Wes at practical shooting in mccloud and see if he will put on another basic class. I'd like to go to his also cause I missed the last one.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked a simple question and this is the answer I received in PM.

mausermike said:
dustingaunder said:
mausermike said:
dustingaunder said:
Do you teach the basic long range precision rifle class at badlands? I've been saving up my pennies and ammo to take that one.

Keep your pennies, I hear they dont like whiny little engineers.

Answer the calculation. Your trying to quibble out of a major lesson for not so humble engineers.

Your computer vs the real world.

That's what I needed to know. I'll look for another class! Why don't you just tell me the answer to the calc? I'm obviously inferior to you and there is no way I could know the answer.

I think thats the problem with this generation, can claim to make all manner of knowledge and the ability to make 'calculations' but simple ballistics is way past them and rather than think they expect the answer to just be delivered to them, no thinking required!

I think you would do poorly at the school, it does lean hard on thinking not computer programs- but other schools cost alot more, so save away.

Good luck
Wow. I have been to Badlands and Sheriff Bobby is the man. Not sure what is meant by that shot at DG being a civilian and his occupation has to do with anything.

DG contact Wes at practical shooting in mccloud and see if he will put on another basic class. I'd like to go to his also cause I missed the last one.

Will do Josh.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I emailed him via his website. Is he a member here?

Latest posts

Top Bottom