Good range day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took my roomate JT with me to Camo corner today so he could shoot his .44 TC Encore with a new red dot sight. Recoil destroyed the red dot. His 2nd red dot that hand cannon has destroyed. I tried hard not to laugh, but I had told him that anything short of a Burris or Leupold pistol scope or other recoil capable scope couldnt stand the recoil and muzzle blast of a 12" 44 mag and full power ammo.
I had a new 10.5" AR 5.56 pistol I just built for my favorite farm gìrl to carrying her truck. 1:7 barrel is really accurate with 55 and 62gr ammo. The gun functions good but could use a better trigger. I think she will be able to hit coyotes with it better than her 9mm Hipoint carbine.
I had been having short stroke problems with my 7.62x39 and 300 Blackout, but the work I did on them helped. Only one short stroke by the 7.62x39 in tbe first 4 rnds and it ran 56rnds after that with no problem.
The 300 Blackout upper ran 200gr sub sonic Remington and Winchester 147gr really good and accurate. 10.5" with a 6"fake can that is ported. With the 200gr Remington, recoil was equal to my grandson's Red Ryder BB gun. Shot tight groups too. I wish 300 AAC ammo was cheaper, I would shoot it more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom