good small towns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be careful, some of the small towns are tight with each other and don't take to strangers easily. Oh, they'll take your money but that is about it. We moved to one thinking this is "Mayberry" but we learned that we weren't particularly welcome and decided with that and the distance to doctors, food markets etc, we moved back to OKC.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amen. moved my son out of big school system to a close small town very unwanted feeling couldn't start on football team although was better and bigger than most because he didn't grow up there. even had the local cop ask what we were doing in town one evening my wife and i politely said we live here thats why.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Be careful, some of the small towns are tight with each other and don't take to strangers easily. Oh, they'll take your money but that is about it. We moved to one thinking this is "Mayberry" but we learned that we weren't particularly welcome and decided with that and the distance to doctors, food markets etc, we moved back to OKC.
Yep. I lived near a small town not far from where I was raised for many years and the locals never did treat me like anything but an intruder.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
you take a person for how they act , how they are as a person etc etc. not where they come from. that's offensive thats plain bull_ _ _ _ exactly why we left
I can understand people being leary of strangers at first but in my case after a few years with not being any trouble nor chasing any of their women folk, you think they would stop siccing their dogs on me when I stopped in at the filling station or the cafe. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom