good small towns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you take a person for how they act , how they are as a person etc etc. not where they come from. that's offensive thats plain bull_ _ _ _ exactly why we left

I understand it. For me, it's mostly about the affordable acreage and shooting opportunities. Strange, never noticed that sort of small town hostility on the east coast.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be careful, some of the small towns are tight with each other and don't take to strangers easily. Oh, they'll take your money but that is about it. We moved to one thinking this is "Mayberry" but we learned that we weren't particularly welcome and decided with that and the distance to doctors, food markets etc, we moved back to OKC.
Any experiences you’re willing to share? I’m surprised there was any small town like that.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe some of y'all just move to small towns and then start throwing around your "big-city attitudes?"

I've lived in both small towns and OKC. Never really had a problem with small town folks.

(Maybe that's because I grew up in a town whose maximum population was 627 people.)
In my case I moved from a "very small town" where I lived a few years and got along with the general population just fine (other than the in-laws), to a "small town" a few miles down the road. Those folks just weren't accepting me at all.

grady31

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
" Small town " people don't seem friendly , because when people start invading the town it is no longer small . I have lived in the same area for 46 years . Used to be a house every 1/4 to 1 mile . Now it's multiple neighborhoods , lots of crime , no more creeks , no more ponds , flooding on those rare occasions we get rain , no more hunting land and higher taxes .

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
" Small town " people don't seem friendly , because when people start invading the town it is no longer small . I have lived in the same area for 46 years . Used to be a house every 1/4 to 1 mile . Now it's multiple neighborhoods , lots of crime , no more creeks , no more ponds , flooding on those rare occasions we get rain , no more hunting land and higher taxes .
Understood still don’t treat people like Sh_ _

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I moved to a small town years ago. Took a while but shopping local ASAP, helping my neighbors when ever I could, helping with local food drives, etc, etc stopped most of the outsider crap. Not letting them coon hunt on my land did not help but they kept waking me up with hounds baying and shining lights in my windows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom