Goodyear G159

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://jalopnik.com/how-goodyear-destroyed-the-alleged-smoking-gun-on-the-w-1823155947/amp

When equipped on motorhomes—commonly used for travel on highways at speeds well above 65 mph—the tires were prone to heat-induced failure, numerous lawsuits allege, and as early as 1999, RV owners across the U.S. reported accidents due to tread separations and blow-outs with G159 tires.

Long article but worth reading if you have an RV or other heavy vehicle with the Goodyear G159 on it. They were designed for local delivery vans but ended up being marketed as tires for RV's for which they are not correctly suited. If you have and RV with Goodyear tires on it go out and take a look and if they are the 159's plan to get some replacements before they hurt or kill you and your family.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a hate for a few tires and Firestone is on my list along with Bridgestone and General and worst ever for me is Michelin.

All the above tires i ran had the tread come apart at less than 1/2 life.
You must keep an eye on tires and even then some just come apart with no warning.

I used to drive 70,000+ miles a year and wife did the same and you get to test lot's of oils and tires.

Kelly tires never let me down and the Dunlop tires and BFGoodrich were good tires for me.

Things change in oils and same goes for tires and what was good 10 years ago will not be the same as it is today.. sometimes just a year different makes the difference.

My tires I speak of are not big RV type tires though.

Good information you posted NightShade Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom