Got 2 sheep

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The fat is good added to venison as someone mentioned. Grain fed young lamb doesn’t taste “grassy” it’s very mild/sweet. Personally though I don’t mind full flavored lamb meat.

You just have to know the different cooking methods appropriate for the different cuts. Lots of stew/curry/slow cooker cuts. Our allies across the pond eat the hell out of lamb. I hope it will continue to rise in popularity here in the US.

To each their own on level of done-ness I suppose haha… in my opinion a well done steak is a mistake. I’m medium rare all the way. That is with the grocery store meat that I don’t fully trust. If it’s my own fresh meat or fresh venison backstrap, I go even more rare.

I picture that folks who order steak well done probably like salteen crackers and canned soup better than homemade lol

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The fat is good added to venison as someone mentioned. Grain fed young lamb doesn’t taste “grassy” it’s very mild/sweet. Personally though I don’t mind full flavored lamb meat.

You just have to know the different cooking methods appropriate for the different cuts. Lots of stew/curry/slow cooker cuts. Our allies across the pond eat the hell out of lamb. I hope it will continue to rise in popularity here in the US.

To each their own on level of done-ness I suppose haha… in my opinion a well done steak is a mistake. I’m medium rare all the way. That is with the grocery store meat that I don’t fully trust. If it’s my own fresh meat or fresh venison backstrap, I go even more rare.

I picture that folks who order steak well done probably like salteen crackers and canned soup better than homemade lol
I'll raise you your can soup . My
IMG_20230125_124822230_HDR.jpg
Cole crops seedlings today. I haven't had store bought soup in years. Let's see your garden preps. Lol.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Why you dissing on saltines?? You got a homemade recipe to share? :)

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why you dissing on saltines?? You got a homemade recipe to share? :)
Haha! I guess in my head I was thinking homemade bread vs saltines. We usually do homemade bread with soup. Super easy and delicious.

The most basic simple bread recipe whenever it is fresh beats day old expensive artisan breads

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Haha! I guess in my head I was thinking homemade bread vs saltines. We usually do homemade bread with soup. Super easy and delicious.

The most basic simple bread recipe whenever it is fresh beats day old expensive artisan breads
Wife makes a loaf in my dutch oven that is crusty and great with soups.

Latest posts

Top Bottom