Got a Beaver problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The OP’s suggestion of using smoke bombs is illegal.
Working from memory it’s illegal to take game by aid of smoke and fire.
That being said, I don’t know if beaver are considered game or a nuisance animal.
I’d sure query the local GW before going down that path.
As has been said, 3-4 330 body traps will get them every time.
I'm not using smoke bombs. I'm going to drop a morter round down their chimney pipe, and blow their fat little eardrums out. That's no different than using a commercial propane/oxy pest removal device, other than being less destructive to the privately developed earthworks. Then I'm gonna stand on the bank with friends, and play "valentine's day massacre".

At that point we'll just be eliminating nuisance animals which have caused significant financial burden.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be fair, I'm not against the use of traps. I plan to begin trapping of all kinds by spring, and will undoubtedly rely on that method in the future. This next year is going to be very busy for me working on many different skill sets that I've rarely, or never practiced before. Trapping, snaring, fishing/boating, archery, hunting, gardening. The list just seems to get longer every day.

This first den though....yeah, Operation Beaver# is a green light.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This reminds me… I was talking to a guy about getting rid of crows, and he told me his method. He started with a Daisy single-pump BB gun, but it didn’t take them long to learn its range and stay outside of it. Then he switched to an air rifle, then they learned its range and stayed outside of it.

Then he switched to a .22LR. Once again, they learned the range and stayed just outside it. Then he switched to a .222 Rem. By the time they learned the range for it they were off his property and were no longer his concern...

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would crow guns drive them away?
Those things are cool ! I found one in a barn where we were picking up repo’ed farm equipment one time and it worked, I turned on the propane and left the barrel over the side of the pickup just behind the cab, my boss was driving and me and another guy couldn’t stop laughing and the boss was laughing at us but didn’t know why for about 15 minutes when that thing went off, scared the living hell out of him ! 😂😂😂

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
To be fair, I'm not against the use of traps. I plan to begin trapping of all kinds by spring, and will undoubtedly rely on that method in the future. This next year is going to be very busy for me working on many different skill sets that I've rarely, or never practiced before. Trapping, snaring, fishing/boating, archery, hunting, gardening. The list just seems to get longer every day.

This first den though....yeah, Operation Beaver# is a green light.
Well I can save you some time on the snaring, it's not legal in OK lol. Read up on your trapping regs like there's a test at the end, there's 101 ways to trap illegally in OK. If it's not listed, you can't do it or use it in other words. Coyotes, coons and beaver will be the only thing open to trap after Feb 28 until fall.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The OP’s suggestion of using smoke bombs is illegal.
Working from memory it’s illegal to take game by aid of smoke and fire.
That being said, I don’t know if beaver are considered game or a nuisance animal.
I’d sure query the local GW before going down that path.
As has been said, 3-4 330 body traps will get them every time.
Pretty sure they are not game animals, just like Yotes and pigs. but it would be wise to check and not take my word.

Latest posts

Top Bottom