Got a Beaver problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are multiple regulations in effect for coyote hunting. Poisoning is no longer allowed unless a gubberment trapper with a license does it.
You can't hunt coyote during deer seasons unless you have a deer tag in possession for the appropriate season, and so on.
Eagles and raptors have feathers as well as quail. Don't get caught shooting an eagle during quail season or any other season for that matter.
Not worth selling the beaver hides unless one has a pickup load of them to take to a buyer.

Beaver
Top_Prices
Carcass Unskinned
Top_Prices
Skinned
Top_Prices
Select Finished
Comments

(Carcass preferred)
Heavy
$ 10​
$ 2​
$ 10​
(Carcass preferred)
Semi-heavy
$ 10​
$ 2​
$ 8​
(Carcass preferred)
Southern
$ 5​
$ 0​
$ 2​
(Carcass preferred)
you'd argue with a dead fish.
I was trying to agree and say I dont know for sure.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Oklahoma has the most screwed up regs and seasons IN THE WORLD!.

It should not require a Lawyer to figure out what, when, where and how it is legal. Totally pathetic.
You just have to read them as "the regs tell you what you can use, anything not listed means you can't use it or do it".

If you read them as "well it didn't say I can't use that, then I can" well then you're on your way violations.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@RockHopper I see your located near the same town I am. I can assure you that you aren’t alone. Something about this area the last couple years has really spiked beaver numbers or they’re just getting more bold with showing themselves. Daggum beaver all over the place down in this little town. About any creek you look down in even next to the grocery store you’ll see sign of beaver. You know we have that nice welcome sign going into town that boasts how Inola is the hay capital of the world, shoot it wouldn’t surprise me if we aren’t soon known for having plentiful beaver too.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You just have to read them as "the regs tell you what you can use, anything not listed means you can't use it or do it".

If you read them as "well it didn't say I can't use that, then I can" well then you're on your way violations.
See, that’s what TR is saying; it’s all jacked up. The American perspective has always been “If it’s not explicitly made illegal, then it’s legal,” not “it’s illegal unless specified otherwise.”

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now back to our regularly scheduled messing up a thread.

Nice beaver.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
See, that’s what TR is saying; it’s all jacked up. The American perspective has always been “If it’s not explicitly made illegal, then it’s legal,” not “it’s illegal unless specified otherwise.”
No it clearly says "Legal means of take......" which means these are the only way you can harvest an animal. In the trapping regs it clearly says, "Legal traps:............then lists the traps." The very last sentence of "Legal traps" says " Any trap not listed here is illegal".

Latest posts

Top Bottom