Got a Beaver problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
His Den is built into the causeway bank of my pond. He's got at least 3 entrance tunnels exposed, although there could be more below the waterline. The amount of "engineering" they've done to the area, it seems likely that there is a whole family.

I need to take them all at once. If I don't get them all, they could relocate just a couple hundred yards away to the main reservoir...which would be a bad thing. They could entrench on the far end on someone else's property, but still effect the entire reservoir shoreline.

I don't want to mess around with traps, so I was thinking that if I brought over a couple buddies, and we just muzzle covered all the entrances while I dropped a smoke bomb down the dens central air shaft, we'd have a better chance at getting them all. Last night however....I realized I still have a couple firework grade mortar rounds available. One of those might very well kill everything inside such an enclosed space, without doing additional damage to the causeway.
If it doesn't kill 'em directly...they sure aren't gonna have their full wits about them when they do come out!

Attachments

• IMG_20230204_075649648.jpg
    IMG_20230204_075649648.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Top Bottom