Got a Beaver problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My neighbor has battled similar issues around his pond. We spent many nights just sitting out there in lawn chairs with flashlights shooting them. But they wise up real fast. They are crafty and become hard to shoot. They will quit coming out when you are around.

Trapping them is most effective

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This definitely isn't the first set of beavers who've taken up residence here on the land. Talking to the landowner yesterday and he said there are 2 other dens at opposite ends of the property. (At least I don't have to worry about chasing them into the reservoir..it's already occupied)
He also admitted that since purchasing in 2009, he's gone round and round with them. Hunting, calling in trappers...the whole 9 yards. Of course they always come back, because this is prime beaver country!

As has been suggested, I'm hoping it'll also draw a different species of beaver, but in the meantime.... I've been offered a $75 bounty per animal. Beaver bounty paying for beaver hunting? That's a new description of dating!

Latest posts

Top Bottom