Got a garand!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After several years I finally got another M1 garand. This is the third H&R I have owned. It's a 5.5 mil and in pretty good shape. I didn't get it from the CMP but it probably originally came from there. I can't wait to shoot it.
this is my second one from CMP
the only mark on the wood or metal I can find is at the muzzle where is rubbed in the crate over the years
otherwise all looks to be new - even came in a nice made-to-fit gun box
been debating about putting some sort of finish on the wood - have not even shot it yet

I have another with more miles on it that I got from CMP about 50yrs ago for 90$
even with my poor vision/shooting I can hit the paper at 100yds with my homemade bullets

Attachments

• Garand.jpg
    Garand.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 65

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this is my second one from CMP
the only mark on the wood or metal I can find is at the muzzle where is rubbed in the crate over the years
otherwise all looks to be new - even came in a nice made-to-fit gun box
been debating about putting some sort of finish on the wood - have not even shot it yet

I have another with more miles on it that I got from CMP about 50yrs ago for 90$
even with my poor vision/shooting I can hit the paper at 100yds with my homemade bullets
If the stock is usgi wood, I use pure tung or boiled linseed oil for an authentic military finish

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All you have to do is run a couple of enblocs then you understand how our grand daddies kicked butt across Europe and the Pacific. ‘03s are downright spiffy too, but that’s too close to a fair fight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom