Got a garand!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only have two.

DSCN07041_JPG-459235.jpg
two 6 mil Springfields! And consecutive serial numbers! Nice!

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
two 6 mil Springfields! And consecutive serial numbers! Nice!
Even better, they are CMP verified Type 1 National Match rifles built in 1958. They are the highest consecutive SN pair of T1 NMs in a private collection. I'd love to find 6099664 or 6099667. For now they remain elusive.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those are 2 big back porch’s. Are they HRA stocks?
Possibly. They are both Type 1 National Match rifles. Those were each hand built and the stocks were individually selected for the straightest grain and overall appearance. I don't know if SA acquired HRA's remaining stocks once they ceased production.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
N 1984 I bought a CMP for $165, nice International Harvester with national match barrel and operating rod and bolt made in July 1952 same as my birthday. I shot about 6000 rnds, much of it at the NRA Whittington Center silhouette range in Raton. NM.I sold it for $1250 to pay copay for my neck surgery in 2018

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
N 1984 I bought a CMP for $165, nice International Harvester with national match barrel and operating rod and bolt made in July 1952 same as my birthday. I shot about 6000 rnds, much of it at the NRA Whittington Center silhouette range in Raton. NM.I sold it for $1250 to pay copay for my neck surgery in 2018
That Whittington Center is impressive. We visited it at the height of the covid lockdown when we decided to NOT lock down. The Museum wasn't open but all the ranges were open. Great camping areas for RV's, not much shade but the views were incredible.
Certainly encourage a visit there.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That Whittington Center is impressive. We visited it at the height of the covid lockdown when we decided to NOT lock down. The Museum wasn't open but all the ranges were open. Great camping areas for RV's, not much shade but the views were incredible.
Certainly encourage a visit there.
I've been there, it's pretty nice.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I sold my M1, oddly enough in 2018, to put towards medical bills as well (for neck surgery, seriously!!). I was told all was covered under my insurance. Well, apparently 'all' did not include the anesthesiologist. I got slapped with a pretty hefty bill after I paid my copay, and had to sell some guns to cover it all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom