Got a Hammerli TAC R1 22LR!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SomeGuy

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally!!! I've been thinking about getting a AR in 22LR for a long time, very long time. Some of you almost had me talked into an M&P15-22, but I ran across this one which resembles more of my other AR's with the 13inch handgaurd which is what did it for me. I like what I read about this gun except for the really heav trigger pull. Someone showed it on a trigger gauge and it was 11 pounds. I have some lighter trigger springs on the way which hopefully will ease that up. I'm not looking to shoot bullseye so not a huge concern. I grabbed two 50 round boxes of Federal Lightning off my shelf and went to the range. I shot 99 rounds with no issues, yeah, one of those boxes only had 49. Since the range, I took the flip up sights off and added the red dot, now got to get back out to the range and sight in. I have to say, these things are fun to shoot!

Hammerli TAC R1.jpg

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my daughter a Tippman, it has been a great gun. It is dedicated to 22lr.
I was looking at the m&p15/22 but they are a plastic upper and lower receiver. The
Tippman is all aluminum and will accept all ar componets, for only about $100 more.
It shoots great, eats any ammo. We put a romeo 5 on it. That is a pretty solid looking
unit as well. Hope you enjoy it

SomeGuy

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my daughter a Tippman, it has been a great gun. It is dedicated to 22lr.
I was looking at the m&p15/22 but they are a plastic upper and lower receiver. The
Tippman is all aluminum and will accept all ar componets, for only about $100 more.
It shoots great, eats any ammo. We put a romeo 5 on it. That is a pretty solid looking
unit as well. Hope you enjoy it
Did you use the riser with the Romeo 5? I haven't sighted this in yet, but the dot seems a bit high when looking through the optic instead of centered, maybe that will change after I sight it in. I'm thinking about sighting in at 25 yards, but I haven't really though about it.

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you use the riser with the Romeo 5? I haven't sighted this in yet, but the dot seems a bit high when looking through the optic instead of centered, maybe that will change after I sight it in. I'm thinking about sighting in at 25 yards, but I haven't really though about it.
Yes I installed it with the riser. It is sighted in around 25, which still makes it pretty spot on out to 50.
Which is a stretch for me with no magnification, but works great for her. I also installed a bipod
for her.

Latest posts

Top Bottom