Got a Honda CRV that won't start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Double check all the grounds and hot wires at the battery

Check the ing wire on the solenoid for juice while attempting to crank if not

Try using a jumper wire directly to the solenoid on the starter

I use a test light, voltage meter, and inductive amp meter I got from JC Whitney for like 5 bucks to diagnose all mine

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what exactly is it doing, that might help us help you better. With jumper cables it:

-cranks but no start?
-clicks but no start?
-does nothing, no dash lights, etc, no start

Don't know dude!

I'm dealing with an 18 year old girl and my mother trying to relay info. I can't get over there to see for myself until tomorrow.

At this point all I know is it wouldn't jump start and they had the battery tested good. I drive a Honda as well, not a CRV though, and I will put my battery in it tomorrow.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are obviously a good son and brother. If you want someone to talk/text through it with when you get over there feel free to send me a PM with your name and number and I'll reply with mine.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crank but no start may be fuel pump or fuel pump relay. Also may be ignition module in distributor. These are both common problems on these generation CRV's. The fuel problem is very easy to troubleshoot as well. As said earlier more info will determine which direction to focus

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Don't know dude!

I'm dealing with an 18 year old girl and my mother trying to relay info
. I can't get over there to see for myself until tomorrow.

At this point all I know is it wouldn't jump start and they had the battery tested good. I drive a Honda as well, not a CRV though, and I will put my battery in it tomorrow.

Ha ha, no problem, I've been there before several times :)

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I'm not much of a mechanic but I'm on my 3rd CRV over many years. If they are in the OKC area, I'd be glad to run by and see if I can help. PM me their info if they would like me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I ran by on my way home. Didn't have time to switch the battery but just wanted to answer some questions.

It doesn't even try to turn over. I thought I could hear a very slight click when I turned the key but it was so slight I'm not sure.
All dash lights and headlights come on and power locks worked.

I'll go back tomorrow when I'm not in office clothes and it's not 106 degrees!

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went over there this morning and there is all kinds of weird crap around my battery so I didn't want to jack with pulling it. So I just pulled her battery and took it to auto zone. Figured I'd just eat the battery cost to see if that was the issue. Auto zone tested it and said it was bad. The nice lady said it was a Walmart battery though and was still under warranty. I run across the street to Walmart (still here) and this lady says the battery is good just out of juice so now she's charging it before she will give me a new one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom