Got a Honda CRV that won't start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They did the load test and she said it was good. I talked her into swapping for a new one anyway just to make sure. Went back and put it in and it still wouldn't start. There is a faint click and nothing else.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They did the load test and she said it was good. I talked her into swapping for a new one anyway just to make sure. Went back and put it in and it still wouldn't start. There is a faint click and nothing else.

Assuming the new battery is good, for me this would probably be ready to go to the shop.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you get the no-start repaired, my guess is that since you've had the battery out, plan on doing an idle relearn procedure or make sure the mechanic who does the repair does it or your idle speed will likely be all over the place.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's clicking at the starter you probably need a new one or the engine is locked up...

If it's not clicking at the starter it could be a fuse, ing switch, neutral safety switch, or a broken wire.

Start at the starter and work back.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
0900c1528026a5c5.gif
check s terminal with test light

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you get the no-start repaired, my guess is that since you've had the battery out, plan on doing an idle relearn procedure or make sure the mechanic who does the repair does it or your idle speed will likely be all over the place.

Is that a Honda thing? I've never experienced anything like that in my vehicles but admittedly Honda is one brand I have never owned.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pulling the starter is above my level. My mom decided to just have it towed to a local shop someone recommended to her.

Latest posts

Top Bottom