Got bored last night - made some shiny stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a while since I made some rounds. I've been decapping range ammo and processing brass in my spare time lately. Last night I got sick of watching TV and figured I'd make a batch of 9mm. Everyone here who reloads knows that warm and fuzzy feeling you get when you finish running a batch, and you get to stare at all that pretty new ammo.

It was late so I only ran 200 rounds, but more to come tonight.

9mm.JPG

One thing that made me extra happy was when I was running them through the case gauge. I do not own a roll sizer, so I usually expect to find one or two per batch that have a slight bulge when running them through the gauge. Those rounds are broken down and the brass is trashed. Every single round from this batch went through the Wilson gauge like butter.

I don't know about any of your results, but I've found 'STV' labeled brass to be garbage. I'm tossing every one of those I find from my range pickups now. I found nearly all brass that used to fail the case gauge to be STV.

Last edited:

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is a great picture of loaded ammo. very clean and shiny. Looks almost like my wife’s jewelry drawer. Do you wet tumble with SS pins or vibratory tumbler?

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is a great picture of loaded ammo. very clean and shiny. Looks almost like my wife’s jewelry drawer. Do you wet tumble with SS pins or vibratory tumbler?

Wet tumble with SS pins. Thanks to a killer cleaning recipe from @Mad Professor, my brass comes out sparkly clean!

2.JPG 1.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom