Got Dove

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seansworth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My apt in OKC has dozens of them all around on the power lines!

Don't think too much of it though. They were sitting on those same lines in June and will still be there come January.

Moosecoch1986

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to give Eufala public land a try Saturday morning for a couple hours. The family is going camping there this weekend anyway so I'm going to give it a go whether there is dove or not. Think Ill take my little boy who's four and let him play around and get that exposure.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen very few this year.Last week I was a few miles west of Wichita Falls,Texas and they were all over the highlines.Dry creek outfitters leases a lot of land in that area.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're going to try out some public land outside Pawhuska Saturday morning. I'm hoping most people out there have their own connections and stay away from where we go. lol

I have only been once, many years ago, with a borrowed shotgun and ammo. This time, I'll be taking my Winchester 1400 12g and my son will have his Maverick 88 20g. From what I read, it is recommended to use #8, #7.5, or #7 shot, right? I don't know much about bird hunting, so... any advice is welcome.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're going to try out some public land outside Pawhuska Saturday morning. I'm hoping most people out there have their own connections and stay away from where we go. lol

I have only been once, many years ago, with a borrowed shotgun and ammo. This time, I'll be taking my Winchester 1400 12g and my son will have his Maverick 88 20g. From what I read, it is recommended to use #8, #7.5, or #7 shot, right? I don't know much about bird hunting, so... any advice is welcome.
Pretty much. I've use #6 when they are flying higher or in high winds, but you are generally good with those you list.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This time, I'll be taking my Winchester 1400 12g and my son will have his Maverick 88 20g. From what I read, it is recommended to use #8, #7.5, or #7 shot, right? I don't know much about bird hunting, so... any advice is welcome.

I think you've got it covered, Doc! (I generally use #7.5 or #8's) Take PLENTY of ammo ... at least two or three times as much as you think you'll need ... PLENTY of water, sunscreen, be safe, and have fun! And, report back with pics!!!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Probably the least number of doves I've ever seen in this part of the state ever, almost none.
I’ve had really good luck just a few miles from the house here. But, I’m headed your way thereabouts with not good reports of many birds. Hunting with a couple friends from college so it’s not about limits but about good friends and good times.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve had really good luck just a few miles from the house here. But, I’m headed your way thereabouts with not good reports of many birds. Hunting with a couple friends from college so it’s not about limits but about good friends and good times.
Agreed it's hunting with the kids, friends and letting the dog stretch his legs for the first time since January.

Latest posts

Top Bottom