Got Dove

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guy, for the information. I went driving around yesterday and saw very few birds. Hardly any farmer planted mallow, a lots of cotton but doves don't like cotton as much as mallow. If the weather change up north (a good cold snap) I think it will push the birds our way. We just wait and see, any how I will dust up my shot gun and go out anyways.

Seansworth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're going to try out some public land outside Pawhuska Saturday morning. I'm hoping most people out there have their own connections and stay away from where we go. lol

I have only been once, many years ago, with a borrowed shotgun and ammo. This time, I'll be taking my Winchester 1400 12g and my son will have his Maverick 88 20g. From what I read, it is recommended to use #8, #7.5, or #7 shot, right? I don't know much about bird hunting, so... any advice is welcome.

I always buy a 100 count box of either federal or winchester shells at walmart (#7.5 or #8, whichever they have) for ~$25-28 and that is usually enough. :gun1:

Latest posts

Top Bottom