Got KeyMod?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I still lean towards the picatinny rail system. Maybe I'll change my preference someday. What say you? Do you attach a rail to attach an accessory to your handguard?

ritchurd.price

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently got a BCM handguard with the KeyMod system. I do attach a rail to the handguard and then attach whatever I need to. It's awesome because I don't need to have additional weight and I can still do exactly what a quad rail etc. does.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like not having the cheese graters everywhere to cover up. There are quite a few direct mount KeyMod accessories out there that eliminate a separate rail, it just depends on what you're mounting.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like not having the cheese graters everywhere to cover up. There are quite a few direct mount KeyMod accessories out there that eliminate a separate rail, it just depends on what you're mounting.

This. Quad rails are so 1990. The modularity of the keymod system gives you all the functionality of a quad rail, and then some, without the weight and the uncomfortable handling of a quad rail.

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own/have owned keymod rails on a Noveske, BCM, DD, Kreb's, Rainier Arms and storage shelves. I understand the concept and I like the weight savings but it's just my preference (as of today) for the ol' quad rail. Has anyone bumped their attachment and it came loose on the keymod system? Perhaps the M-lok is a little sturdier? Thanks for the input everyone!

Latest posts

Top Bottom