Got milk ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. Milk. The human animal is the only animal that drinks ANOTHER animal’s milk.
My wife and I were talking about that while she was breast feeding and we both refused to try her breast milk ( we thought it just sounded disgusting), but cows milk, bring it on. we found it rather funny.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How well does that keep when the power is out? How does it keep long term?
Braum’s milk or the other stuff I’ve never tried from dollar general? There is a lot of shelf stable milk. You can buy it at Costco. Milk and eggs in the fridge is a USA thing. Europe especially process both vey differently.

I think you were missing my point/joke If you are referring to the braums milk. We buy a gallon of very other day. It’s good enough we Are going to consume it so fast, careing about shelf life is irrelevant in our household. I’d just drink the stuff if the power goes out, I don’t need to save it. I’ve never had much need for milk without power, can’t bake, can’t do the biscuits part of biscuits and gravy.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We keep 5 gals in the pantry.
Rotate some out monthly

Mom would occasionally have a bowl of cereal, at night.
A gal of milk would spoil before she used half of it.

Got her started on these qts. Kept 2-3 in pantry and 1 in fridge. She couldn't tell them difference.

Kids and grandkids would turn up their nose at it. I just poured the qt into the Braums gallon carton. They don't know they difference.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love milk straight from the cow or goat or jug or jugs it's all good.

I do like the thought of shelf stable for the hunt/fish trips where I do not buy ice.
I can make biscuits on a camp fire you just need some cast iron skillets.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven‘t drank a drop of milk in 30 years. Humans are they only mammals that still drink milk after they are weaned offa the tit. Lots of other calcium sources.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like "nuclear milk", the irradiated stuff that is room temp stable. They get it in remote communities and have used it in the armed forces in the past (may still for all I know).

Latest posts

Top Bottom