Got some range time today at Grandma's Gun Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to make a trip to Norman today, stopped at Grandma's east of Ardmore on the way home. I shot my new LC9S for the first time, I know they've been talked about here, but it is a HUGE improvement over my LC9. These are the first 10 shots through it. For me, that's good shooting. For most folks probably not good shooting. All shooting was done at about 21 feet.

Next I shot my new S&W Shield in .45ACP. Not bad, but a bigger group. That high right was the first shot, I really jerked it. These were 230 grain cast over some Trailboss.

Next was my 1871 Open Top Colt in .38Special. Again, pretty good for me, most folks could do better.

Last group is with my Uberti SAA in .357, light load of TrailBoss. I really sucked with this gun.

Impressions of the range: nice place, friendly folks. The shooting stations are wider than most ranges I've been to, they have a nice double shelf at each lane to keep extra stuff out of the way. Owner is a former COP, but I didn't ask where he was from. They do not sell guns yet, but do have about 10 rental guns from .22 up to .45ACP

They do have a sign at the range entry that says no reloaded ammo, but he let me shoot mine.

This next will be a negative for some folks: when I came in I laid my gun case on the counter. While I was signing paper work the owner came over, asked if he could take my case. I just figgered he didn't want it on the glass, and I shouldn't have put it there anyway. But I looked over, and he had it open, inspecting my guns and ammo. While it didn't bother me more than just a smidgeon, I can see some folks having a serious problem with said behavior. Other than that, I had a good time, visited a bit with the owner and helper. I let them shoot the LC9S, both were impressed with it, and the helper LOVED shooting my '71 Open Top.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the new range I had mentioned in an earlier post right? How was it? I plan on shooting there a lot in the future.

And I don't know who would tell you that those were bad shots. There're very good shots with a new toy. Nice and thanks for posting them.
Picture of your gun would be a nice addition too.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the new range I had mentioned in an earlier post right? How was it? I plan on shooting there a lot in the future.

And I don't know who would tell you that those were bad shots. There're very good shots with a new toy. Nice and thanks for posting them.

I'll echo what steelfingers said. Those are decent targets for sure. And ESPECIALLLY with that new gun! And yeah, how about posting up some gun pics for us too please?

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yes, that's the one. I'll go back when I'm in the area. I really liked the wider stations and the shelving. He said he'd shot at H&H and felt like it was too tight. Air handling system seemed to be doing its job, but there were only three shooters on the range at the time. No rapid fire (two seconds between shots) could be an issue for some customers.

S&W Shield top left, LC9S top right, 1871 Open Top bottom left, Uberti SAA .357 bottom right. I really like the Open Top. Very natural pointer. Almost as good as a '51 Navy. I have just enough common sense to not choose the Open Top as my carry gun. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom