Got some range time today at Grandma's Gun Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Very nice shooting with the LC9s, those are neat little carry guns. I do love that open top Colt, and it wouldn't be that difficult to set her up for CC. I'm thinking one of the old spring steel clipped leather shoulder rigs. Of course due to issues with reloading you might want to carry two. Not exactly the best choice, but it would be kinda cool.

As to indoor/outdoor ranges, both have their pro's an con's. With most outdoor ranges the biggest issue is always the weather, even when its nice outside, nice isn't always nice. With the indoor side its always dependent on who owns it, and what type of liability insurance they have covering them and their patrons.

Here in McAlester we have a private range (its not expensive either) and except for the weather, and a few unauthorized people from time to time, its not to bad. We have a decent amount of pistol lanes, and two seperate set of lanes for 50yd an 100yd rifle/pistol. We have a seperate range for shotgun trap an skeet, with one small lane set up for shooting slugs. They don't approve of us using shotguns on the main range due to idiots tearing up the backstops with buckshot and birdshot. We have had trouble in the past with vandalism, but most of that has been curbed.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice shooting with the LC9s, those are neat little carry guns. I do love that open top Colt, and it wouldn't be that difficult to set her up for CC. I'm thinking one of the old spring steel clipped leather shoulder rigs. Of course due to issues with reloading you might want to carry two. Not exactly the best choice, but it would be kinda cool.

As to indoor/outdoor ranges, both have their pro's an con's. With most outdoor ranges the biggest issue is always the weather, even when its nice outside, nice isn't always nice. With the indoor side its always dependent on who owns it, and what type of liability insurance they have covering them and their patrons.

Here in McAlester we have a private range (its not expensive either) and except for the weather, and a few unauthorized people from time to time, its not to bad. We have a decent amount of pistol lanes, and two seperate set of lanes for 50yd an 100yd rifle/pistol. We have a seperate range for shotgun trap an skeet, with one small lane set up for shooting slugs. They don't approve of us using shotguns on the main range due to idiots tearing up the backstops with buckshot and birdshot. We have had trouble in the past with vandalism, but most of that has been curbed.
Where is it? I'm about 40 miles south. Do they have a webpage or link?

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Where is it? I'm about 40 miles south. Do they have a webpage or link?

No web page that I know of, but they are on facebook. Its called the "Lake Eufaula Rod & Gun Club", but its located right here in McAlester. It costs $40.00 a year, and its open from dawn till dusk. We also have several different types of competion match's from rifle to bow's. If you know where All Pawn is in McAlester, stop by and they can fill you in an sign you up for the range.

Leighton

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No web page that I know of, but they are on facebook. Its called the "Lake Eufaula Rod & Gun Club", but its located right here in McAlester. It costs $40.00 a year, and its open from dawn till dusk. We also have several different types of competion match's from rifle to bow's. If you know where All Pawn is in McAlester, stop by and they can fill you in an sign you up for the range.

Leighton
Thanks. I will

Latest posts

Top Bottom