Got The New Glock 17-L Out To The Range This Morning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I had a beautiful clear, cool, still morning today. So I headed out to the range with the new Glock 17-L, and a good supply of ammo. I brought along the following:

100 rounds Federal Champion boxer brass 115 Gr. FMJ

100 rounds of Federal American Eagle 124 Gr. FMJ

50 rounds of Fiocchi 115 Gr. FMJ

100 rounds of Federal 115 Gr. +P+ JHP (9BPLE)

All 350 rounds fed, fired, and ejected without a hiccup out of both magazines. At 25 yards the adjustable Glock sights printed dead on. This gun is a joy to shoot. That long barrel really helps in the accuracy dept. A 6 O'clock hold chewed out the bull in all of the targets. The only thing I noticed was the Federal 9BPLE printed about an inch or 2 higher than the rest. But not enough to worry about. All the Internet talk about this gun being picky with 115 Gr. FMJ was nonsense. It shoots it as good as any other weight ammo.

It performed in the typically boring Glock fashion. Not a single thing to complain about. This trigger is without question the best of any Glock pistol I own. And it got better the more I shot it. But after 350 rounds, I was getting tired of loading magazines. I was totally happy with the guns performance, so I decided to pack it in, and head for home. Afterward I gave it a field strip, along with a good wet cleaning. And she's ready for another trip to the range. If you are walking the fence on one of these 17-L's, don't hesitate to grab one. You'll be very pleased how accurately this pistol shoots.

vkMLmIU.jpg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked one up and tried it out in a GSSF match yesterday. Due to time constraints I literally picked up the gun, shot about 10 rounds at 25 yards and saw it was on paper. Then I went to this match. Shot a 482 out of 500 possible with cheap bulk Remington 115 FMJ bucket ammo. This is the first Glock I can honestly say that I might actually end up liking. It seems to be a laser and has the best trigger of any stock Glock I've shot.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a G34 a month ago and had a hard time deciding between the 17L and the 34.I may have to get a 17L for Christmas.Both really nice shooters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom