Got to check out a new range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4C8686B0-7008-443C-A23D-4CDD6DDD5080.jpeg

Ben Avery range in the Scottsdale area.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot a steel challenge match out the a couple years ago. Is a pretty nice range overall. It was funny though. I went out to help setup stuff and ended up using my truck as a tire blew out on their trailer. Nobody does that there. Basically they would rather pay ten or fifteen bucks and not lift a finger to setup or tear down. I shot the match for free.

The area where they do the long range shooting would be fun to use but they have to shut the road down to do it so I think it's only certain days.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice.
My wife's grandmother lived in Peoria which was about 25 miles from Scottsdale.
Went there to get her car and bring it and her back here to visit and fix her AC.
It was a very dry heat 110 under the carport and like 0 Humidity.

I was fixing things outside and you open your mouth to breathe and it instantly dries the inside of your mouth.
It feels like you stepped into an oven.
Brutal.
No sweat on your body or clothes..it just evaporates instantly and your skin feels like it is just cooking in a dry skillet.
But the Lemons on the tree in the back yard were larger than Oranges and so tasty ,,you could peel them like an orange and eat them.
Her neighbor had Grape Fruit trees and did not eat them.. just let them fall to the ground.
Those trees were also growing in the median!!! With fruit on them.

Why do we plant Oaks and Elms and other stupid messy trees when we could have fruit trees instead???

Oh sorry off topic.
Nice range for sure.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice.
My wife's grandmother lived in Peoria which was about 25 miles from Scottsdale.
Went there to get her car and bring it and her back here to visit and fix her AC.
It was a very dry heat 110 under the carport and like 0 Humidity.

I was fixing things outside and you open your mouth to breathe and it instantly dries the inside of your mouth.
It feels like you stepped into an oven.
Brutal.
No sweat on your body or clothes..it just evaporates instantly and your skin feels like it is just cooking in a dry skillet.
But the Lemons on the tree in the back yard were larger than Oranges and so tasty ,,you could peel them like an orange and eat them.
Her neighbor had Grape Fruit trees and did not eat them.. just let them fall to the ground.
Those trees were also growing in the median!!! With fruit on them.

Why do we plant Oaks and Elms and other stupid messy trees when we could have fruit trees instead???

Oh sorry off topic.
Nice range for sure.

It’s dry humidity for sure. Interesting to watch rain clouds develop, then see rain coming out of them, never hitting the ground. It evaporates before getting there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom