Got to hit the range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If a guy is already at the range with a brake, and someone moves in next to them, they have nothing to gripe about. I just think it’s poor etiquette if they come to the range, setup on a lane next to someone one, that’s pretty crappy. There’s no rules against it, to me it’s a courtesy thing.
As mentioned, indoor ranges are going to me loud, but they do have barracades, which help some.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot at Wilshire and don't think you will have that much of a problem on the 100 yard ranges. Prior to getting the linear comps I have now, the most trouble I had was brakes blowing around the targets of people shooting pistol, next to me. Not really a problem on the long range. I flat out remove my shotgun brake if I'm going to shoot it there, it's brutal.
I wasn’t aware they had 100 yards. Good to know, I’ve never been there. Do they have a few, so you don’t have to fight for one? Are they indoor? I need to sight my rifle in, and indoor would be great.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn’t aware they had 100 yards. Good to know, I’ve never been there. Do they have a few, so you don’t have to fight for one? Are they indoor? I need to sight my rifle in, and indoor would be great.
They have six 101 yard lanes that are indoor. Never shot on them, but I understand they have a camera/monitor system that you don't have to bring your target back in to see where you hit.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have six 101 yard lanes that are indoor. Never shot on them, but I understand they have a camera/monitor system that you don't have to bring your target back in to see where you hit.
That’s awesome! Definitely going to try it this week. It really sucks at the Canadian range, especially when there’s tons of people, like the day we went. That’s due to, when I’m sighting a new scope, I like to take 3, but no more than 5 rounds, then look at the target. The scope came with a shade, but dipstick here ran off and left it at home. So it being a south-facing range, the sun was killing me, so I wasn’t able to see the hits through my scope. Plus the guy 2 lanes over shot my target twice! I just gave up and we moved to the 25/50 yard lanes and played with pistols and lever rifles.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was on lane 103 and the monitor had been removed, I didnt look at the other lanes to see if they had monitors. There was at most one empty lane the two hours I was there. When I called, they said 2-4pm was their slowest time on the 100 yard ranges, so I called ahead at 1:30pm before making the drive. I didnt have to wait to get on a lane. Lots of rifles louder than my little 300 HAM'R so no one noticed my brake that I am aware of.

100yd lanes are $30/hr for the first person as a walk in, $75/hr to reserve but I believe that includes additional people on your lane.

ETA:: I really like their ambidextrous shooting benches. The rifle bench portion can slide to the left or right to accommodate both which was well thought out.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I can be an ******* when I need to be but I really try to not be one unknowingly.
I don’t think of folks being aholes, I just think it hasn’t crossed their minds. The guy that came in next to me at Canadian, as I mentioned, really looked and acted like someone new to shooting. I just don’t think it occurred to him. I don’t know of any place where they are not allowed, I just take mine off for courtesy to fellow shooters. Shooting is a hobby where there’s no reason to mouth off to someone, since you don’t know what type person they are, experience, nor do you know the kind of day/week they’re having. Many times people hit the range to blow off steam, so there’s already a chance they shouldn’t be poked intentionally lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom