Gotta Love James Woods!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You truckers and your Bennies...just kidding...

I skipped over that phase. It was still rollin in the early 90s when I started driving but the real heyday for that was in the 70s and 80s. I think there's still a small "community" of drivers involved in that but for the most part, it's gone away.

The trucking industry has seriously cleaned up its image in the last decade. I think it started when the DOT changed the rules in '04. Then a lot of the bad actors in the O/O area went bust with the crash in '08. Now with the ELOG system in place, the ability and necessity of log cheating 900 mile days are done. From the legal standpoint, this is a good thing but for the old drivers like me, the last bastion of freedom went away with ELOGS. It's a sad thing....

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
I skipped over that phase. It was still rollin in the early 90s when I started driving but the real heyday for that was in the 70s and 80s. I think there's still a small "community" of drivers involved in that but for the most part, it's gone away.

The trucking industry has seriously cleaned up its image in the last decade. I think it started when the DOT changed the rules in '04. Then a lot of the bad actors in the O/O area went bust with the crash in '08. Now with the ELOG system in place, the ability and necessity of log cheating 900 mile days are done. From the legal standpoint, this is a good thing but for the old drivers like me, the last bastion of freedom went away with ELOGS. It's a sad thing....
Yeah, I know, I'm an old "burn-out" and couldn't resist the chance to poke at your ribs. We need more of your ilk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom