Gout and Pseudogout

2busy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When it’s in your toes do you feel it in your joints? Does it at all feel like an ingrown toenail?
I get that at the end of the day sometimes but it’s not the nail
it feels like the devil himself is ripping your body part off with a red hot poker and just the air around it makes it hurt worse.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have bouts of regular gout, Dr. told me to avoid mushrooms and asparagus with a minimum intake of alcohol ( 3 of my favorite things in life!) I left the veggies alone but not so much the beer and Crown but haven't had a flare up since ??!!

HoLeChit

Patron Saint of Finding Things
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been told I have pseudogout in my knees. Processed meats are the biggest culprit for me, anything high on nitrates. Bacon and sandwich meat make life miserable unless it’s in moderation. I’ve heard/read/found that you gotta find what foods do/don’t work for you and follow it. Lots of water intake also helps.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely! I am going to run to the store and grab a bottle or two. Eating cherries helps to, so hopefully I'll find some avaialbe as well.

When consuming fruit juices, be sure that that you are not taking on any extra sugars. Many juices may say “Natural” but they can be loaded with sugar. They will spike your A1C so if diabetes or pre-diabetes is an underlying condition, they could create other issues. If cherries work, might be better to eat real fruit than drink it.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been told I have pseudogout in my knees. Processed meats are the biggest culprit for me, anything high on nitrates. Bacon and sandwich meat make life miserable unless it’s in moderation. I’ve heard/read/found that you gotta find what foods do/don’t work for you and follow it. Lots of water intake also helps.

I hope I don’t get hit with pseudo gout ... I have a case of Wright Bacon in my refrigerator.

druryj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have bouts of regular gout, Dr. told me to avoid mushrooms and asparagus with a minimum intake of alcohol ( 3 of my favorite things in life!) I left the veggies alone but not so much the beer and Crown but haven't had a flare up since ??!!

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Wild Turkey is my weakness...maybe that's why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday...

HoLeChit

Patron Saint of Finding Things
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope I don’t get hit with pseudo gout ... I have a case of Wright Bacon in my refrigerator.

haha my buddy works for a premium/boutique bacon/ham/sausage company. Every time I go to Colorado, or he comes down I end up with my garage fridge freezer full of pork. I have to limit my intake to once or twice a week though.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taking a good digestive enzyme may also help. That was something else i did in my changes that led to only one minor return of gout as compared to the "I can't walk" attacks I had previously.

Top Bottom