Gout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone here suffer from gout? I have not been officially diagnosed, but I had severe swelling and pain in both knees around a week ago. It came on suddenly and for no apparent reason, then started to subside after a few days. Still have some swelling but not near the pain. I went to an Urgent Care, but they had no idea what was going on. I don’t want to get on any medication, but sure don’t want it to happen again!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Did you eat something out of the norm that was high protein prior? Figuring out what you ate, or diet in general, is generally the fix.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have or know much about gout, but I gather from what I've read that diet has a lot to do with controlling it. You're about to hear from a BUNCH of people who have it, I'll bet.... and what has worked for them.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get gout every now and then. Mine is almost always in one of my big toes, right at the base. I usually can keep it under control with a proper diet. My no-no foods are hot dogs, shrimp, fried chicken livers & gizzards, and real sugary cereals like Cap'n Crunch and Fruity Pebbles.

My knees ache a lot too, but that usually comes about with approaching rain or any other big change in the weather. Of course, being about 200 pounds overweight doesn't help my knees any either. :rolleyes2 They do, in fact have different meds that you're doctor can prescribe, but they always made me sick.

Strap in and hold on tight, my brother. Once you climb aboard the gout train, it doesn't ride smoothly and you're probably gonna ride it for the rest of your life. :scream:

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I had a coworker that had it and he used some oil thing from health food store… I wanna say it was some strawberry CBD oil or some crap. Said it worked though and he had extreme not get out of bed gout.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I had developed gout about 5 years ago. My pain was in my ankles and unbearable. When I say unbearable, I mean I was unable to walk when the pain would set in. Sometimes it would last for 20 minutes, sometimes for 2 hrs. The worst flair up I had, I was in my shop which is about 100 yds from the house. When it set in, I had to just sit down. After 2 hrs, I still couldn’t stand. I ended up crawling to the house on my hands and knees. After that, I went to the Dr. They did everything they could to see if it was gout. Even tested me for some rare form that they said only a very small number of people have ever had. Nothing. Notta. Definitely NOT gout they said. They can’t tell me what it is, but it’s not gout.

From that day on, I have been taking 2000 mg of Glucosamine a day. 1000 in the morning and 1000 at night. It didn’t cure it, but my pain isn’t as bad when it happens and I can at least function when it sets in. You might try that to see if it helps you too.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you eat something out of the norm that was high protein prior? Figuring out what you ate, or diet in general, is generally the fix.
I did have about a week of eating a lot of smoked deer meat (making room in the freezer) and then I also had BurnCo ribs the day before the flare came on. I had never heard of high purine foods before, but I am sure that’s what set it off.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone here suffer from gout? I have not been officially diagnosed, but I had severe swelling and pain in both knees around a week ago. It came on suddenly and for no apparent reason, then started to subside after a few days. Still have some swelling but not near the pain. I went to an Urgent Care, but they had no idea what was going on. I don’t want to get on any medication, but sure don’t want it to happen again!
Look up Dr Berg and Gout on YouTube plenty of info on it

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry you have it, I have had flare ups several times and that crap hurts ! It only affects me at the base of my big toe. My Dr. gave me Indomethacin, it’s not a very expensive drug and it works pretty good, Also was told to avoid Asparagus, mushrooms, turkey ( happy thanksgiving) and pork among others foods and easy on the alcohol if you partake of the spirits at all. Good Luck ! The picture is a devil/demon eating at the location it usually occurs in and it’s pretty damn accurate !

Attachments

• 804C8E3F-6758-4AE7-AB41-65AB41D1568F.png
    804C8E3F-6758-4AE7-AB41-65AB41D1568F.png
    325.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 8F43B02C-C424-42BB-93AF-86AFE08E5DC3.jpeg
    8F43B02C-C424-42BB-93AF-86AFE08E5DC3.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts

Top Bottom