Gov. Kevin Stitt Invites Gun, Ammo Makers to Come to Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the article:

First off, our state is number 11 in the country right now of people moving to Oklahoma, not per-capita, but total numbers…

Crud. Too many people here already, driving up land values by snapping up whatever land is available.

Also this:

…we’re also number two in wind energy production.

Dude. No. Not something to be proud of!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If wind power is an inducement, I’d wonder about the ideology of the company and its employees. Austin in Oklahoma, anyone?
Somehow, I doubt that any firearms or ammo manufacturer is looking to turn Oklahoma into Austin, but wind power is one of those things that looks good to boards of directors of pretty much any political persuasion these days.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why so late? Why does it seem like the OK GOP is so out of tune with the rest of the country? Stitt hasn't even joined the group of states who have banned TikTok on state government devices.
Better late than never.......Geeeeeeeessssssss some people just always butt hurt, and FYI Stitt issued a ban on TikTok a couple of days ago. OOPS
IMG_0622.GIF

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd sure volunteer to be a field tester for any ammo or firearm they needed a review on.
In reality, it's unlikely any will move their operations here, but I could be wrong.
Our local refinery was the headquarters of Conoco for many, many years. It was great for this small town with lots of money flowing. At one time Ponca City was #1 in the country per capita for millionaires back when a million meant something.
As new management came along, they didn't like the small-town atmosphere. They needed the big city life they left behind to get a promotion to this town of 28,000.
As I was growing up, department after department was being transferred to Houston Tx. The office staff, R&D, etc have all left with vacant buildings left.
All that is left now is the refinery, and it's not going anywhere. Environmentally, they can't move it or sell it, so it's still home to a couple thousand workers, most of which are contractors.
The big gun manufacturers will want to move to Dallas, Houston, or some bigger city for the good life.
I could be wrong, but doubt it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom