Gov. Stitt declares Oklahoma special election for recreational marijuana vote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The question on the form is pretty simple. You either answer it truthfully or you don’t. The question of whether or not it should be on the form is a separate issue.
Let me ask this question. If you owned a business and you had 2 applicants of equal skills, 1 smokes dope and 1 doesn’t. Would you consider that in your hiring choice?
I was service manager for a company and the boss asked myself and the sales manager if he should start drug testing. I told him we would lose my best 3 techs including myself. I was smoking at the time. I looked over at the sales manager and he reluctantly said he’d lose him also. Lol

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I managed very large workforces for many years. Attendance was one of my pet peeves. As a general rule, those who drank alcohol and smoked weed had worse attendance and work performance. I agree both can be used in moderation without a problem. Of course those outside the norm on either poor performance or attendance had other issues as well. I am in favor of both drug testing and a polygraph prior to hiring. I realize in todays world I wouldn’t get many applicants. Good thing I’m retired I guess.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I managed very large workforces for many years. Attendance was one of my pet peeves. As a general rule, those who drank alcohol and smoked weed had worse attendance and work performance. I agree both can be used in moderation without a problem. Of course those outside the norm on either poor performance or attendance had other issues as well. I am in favor of both drug testing and a polygraph prior to hiring. I realize in todays world I wouldn’t get many applicants. Good thing I’m retired I guess.
A polygraph?! What kind of things would you ask?

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
A polygraph?! What kind of things would you ask?
Several things.
Have you ever stolen from an employer?
Do you or have you used illegal drugs?
Is everything on your application true and accurate?
Have you ever quit a job after being told you were being terminated?
Many of the same questions you would ask in a job interview.
It used to be a lot more common to have to take a polygraph test prior to employment. Many places now just hire warm bodies.

Last edited:

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several things.
Have you ever stolen from an employer?
Do you or have you used illegal drugs?
Is everything on your application true and accurate?
Have you ever quit a job after being told you were being terminated?
Many of the same questions you would ask in a job interview.
It used to be a lot more common to have to take a polygraph test prior to employment. Many places now just hire warm bodies.
Better be a seriously high paying and very important position. I would seriously laugh my ass off if someone said they wanted a polygraph. Would you like them to wear a tracking device too?

Latest posts

Top Bottom