Gov. Stitt declares Oklahoma special election for recreational marijuana vote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
He put us on ignore, man - he can't see what we type. (allegedly)

You know some tender souls must be shielded from comments they don't like.
The thing is, he'll see someone else's post quoting one of us, then he'll wanna see what it is, then unignores the one, then he writes a gaslighting post that doesn't mention any of us bad people but responds to what we write. Kinda funny

Last edited:

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"USMC said:
It used to be a lot more common to have to take a polygraph test prior to employment. Many places now just hire warm bodies."

This was very true back in the early-mid 1980's. Then for some reason (probably the cost) they fell out of fashion.

I had to pass a lie detector test to be a clerk at a Radio Shack, a photographer at Olan Mills, and a rip saw operator at a cabinet shop.

In all three instances I calmly lied through my teeth about questions I thought would cost me the job. I was hired in all three instances.

I recently spoke with a personnel manager friend of mine. He said that no one really thinks they get the truth out of a person. It's just the only option they have to satisfy the insurance companies.

Go figure.

Aarond

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
"USMC said:
It used to be a lot more common to have to take a polygraph test prior to employment. Many places now just hire warm bodies."

This was very true back in the early-mid 1980's. Then for some reason (probably the cost) they fell out of fashion.

I had to pass a lie detector test to be a clerk at a Radio Shack, a photographer at Olan Mills, and a rip saw operator at a cabinet shop.

In all three instances I calmly lied through my teeth about questions I thought would cost me the job. I was hired in all three instances.

I recently spoke with a personnel manager friend of mine. He said that no one really thinks they get the truth out of a person. It's just the only option they have to satisfy the insurance companies.

Go figure.

Aarond

Really? Some of the forum keyboard commandos said I was lying when I said they used to be common. The accuracy of the polygraph has always been dependent on the person administering the test. The last one I took was when applying for OKCPD back in 1979.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Really? Some of the forum keyboard commandos said I was lying when I said they used to be common. The accuracy of the polygraph has always been dependent on the person administering the test. The last one I took was when applying for OKCPD back in 1979.
Wow...that's at least 2 generations ago if not 3 Devildog. And they weren't that common, they were just more common 40+ years ago and just as inaccurate...yet you want to use them to catch peeps. So, in actuality, you were lying, or at least exaggerating. Everchanging story.
I think it was said that they are used for certain fed jobs and LEO????? Pretty sure walmart greeters are safe from them.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s pretty neat. I didn’t start working till the 90s so never saw anything like that. I bet it was a crazy looking machine back then.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

How did you see his posts when he's on your ignore list?

You're kind of digging yourself in hole here with your ignorance, or arrogance, however you want to look at it.

The Polygraph Protection Act was passed in 1988

The description of which is a pretty common poster that needs to be displayed or accessable to employees. Something that someone who supposedly "led large workforces" should know. Fairly common knowledge.

However, in the end, there are too many variables with the polygraph (not just those administering the test) to allow it to be reliable in "telling the truth." This has been proven several times over and that's why it's not admissible in a court of law or especially in this case, within the private sector from an HR standpoint.

Hope this helps and that you learned something today. Might as well take me off ignore, it will save you a few clicks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom