Governors Pardon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Had a friend that applied for a governors pardon after a felony conviction for righting a hot check. He went through all the proper channels pass the parole board and went to governors office they turn it down because his credit score is to low. I find this so stupid. Is it just me or do any of you find this to be wrong. I don't know why a man after a felony conviction as long as it wasn't a violate crime and finish all his punishment way he cant have a hunting gun. From what he told me its not a federal law but a state law.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am not in favor of thieves getting guns.
I feel the same way to a point. He was young when this happen and it was 15 years ago. he hasn't even had a traffic ticket sense.
he paid for the check and paid fines and 2 year probation. He has paid his debt to society. And weather you think he should get a governors pardon or not do you think it should be base on your credit score.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Begs the question
Can you get a general idea of someone's character from their credit score and spending habits?

In this case, I would be willing to put money on his felony record having a significant impact in lowering his credit score.

I imagine finding stable gainful employment is difficult, which would in turn make it difficult to pay creditors. Also, I know loan applications check credit history, and if a hot check were to show up on that, getting a loan would be difficult also. Could become a catch22 situation pretty quick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom