Governors Pardon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess the question should be why is his credit score low? If he still has issues paying his bills, then he still has the same issues. However, if his score was high 3 years ago before a divorce, which is why it is low, or the factory he was working at laid him off, because of the economy, which caused his score to drop I would say they should ignore the score. However, he likes to barrow other peoples money and not pay it back, still a thief.
I don't know all his personal stuff except what he has told me. His score to me isn't all that low I think it was like in high 600s. And I have no idea why. But I can tell you I have worked a lot with this guy and he seems to be a good person. My deal is if they would say no we wont give it to you because you wrote a hot check then ok so be it because that is true but to turn it down just because his credit score is low I think its wrong to do that and that's just my opinion this why I put it on here is to see what other peoples opinions are.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Begs the question
Can you get a get a general idea of someone's character from their credit score and spending habits?
I would say yes. If you pay on time with credit you get a good score.
If you pay every bill on time or early, and pay with cash you get a lower credit score.
somebody gonna have to splain that to me.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know all his personal stuff except what he has told me. His score to me isn't all that low I think it was like in high 600s. And I have no idea why. But I can tell you I have worked a lot with this guy and he seems to be a good person. My deal is if they would say no we wont give it to you because you wrote a hot check then ok so be it because that is true but to turn it down just because his credit score is low I think its wrong to do that and that's just my opinion this why I put it on here is to see what other peoples opinions are.
I think you are missing the point, he was not given a pardon because he wrote a bad check and is a thief. His credit score is not why he is a felon, it is because he wrote a bad check. Plus, he did not pay the check until a court forced him to pay it. I know he is your friend, which means I understand you defending him. However, you are looking at his situation as him being the victim of some sort of oppressive government, which is not true. the problem with our nation is everyone is a victim and you should feel sorry for them. Your friend caused his problem and should be a man and understand he caused his issue. If he wants society to give him a second chance, he should be asking how high does he need to jump(his score) and he should be out today jumping. I have an idea for you, instead of ranting about it on the internet, go cosign a note for him and help him raise his score.

Last edited:

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say yes. If you pay on time with credit you get a good score.
If you pay every bill on time or early, and pay with cash you get a lower credit score.
somebody gonna have to splain that to me.
I don't think your score does go down if you pay early, in fact it has no effect on your score at all. the fact is, you have to have an open line of credit to have a high score. Your utilization rate of your available credit defines about 1/3 of your score. Therefore, if you pay off a loan your score goes down because you closed a line of credit. Therefore, if you pay off your new camper your score would go down, but if you opened a new credit card the same day with a higher limit than you had your camper financed for, but did not charge on it, your score would go up.
We have about 5 different types of cards (30-40K in credit)we never use, unless we get a discount for using them. We pay them off as soon as a charge is made. They make our score higher, just for having them open.

Last edited:

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A felony and two years probation would, as far as I can tell, be from a check or checks over $1000. Under $1000 is one year maximum. His credit would most likely be affected by the debt being turned over for collection. Banks don't report bad checks to the credit agencies. But as said before, 15 years should wipe that off. Something else is going on with the bad score.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Indeed, i've heard stories of guys getting reported by their wives for late child support payments, getting a felony, losing their job as a result and not being able to find a new one very easily because of that. Felony convictions can also make it hard to find housing.

I believe everyone should have a second chance -- After a period of time, working hard and doing things the right way, i think we as a society should be willing to forgive(pardon) people. If you wrote a hot check at 18, or your 20s, and go 20 or 30 years without incident, working hard and playing by the rules and being an honest individual, i don't see why we can't forgive that. If you're 30 and make a legal mistake and end up with a felony, but 30-40 years later when your an old man and you played things right, i think that's fine, too.

It really depends on what you did, and the circumstances. White collar crimes aren't the same as violent crimes, imo.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It really depends on what you did, and the circumstances. White collar crimes aren't the same as violent crimes, imo.

I agree with this last statement. I have no problem with Martha Stewart owning and carrying a gun.

Woody

Edit: I wonder if Martha Stewart is on Obama's list to be pardoned ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom